Monday, August 6, 2012

Manipulating the Domicile into Shape

I am making slow progress with the stage. After running to Home Depot several times I finally had all the connections I needed, including male connectors, tees, and elbows.



The cutting of the pipe was a piece by piece operation. The length of connectors had to be calculated into the overall size. At first the bottom front panel was too high and I had to cut some more. Eventually I reversed bottom and top. Then came the coloring of my leftover plain oat color fabric. Though it does not have the truly dark green color I had hoped for, it is adequate. Not as light tight as expected either. I might have to cut up a couple of green pillow cases for backing.



After I contaminated the ivy with green water - it took half an hour of rinsing - I dried the fabric and spray-painted the stage skeleton.



It fell apart as I brought it inside and I had to retighten all the connections. The next day I draped it with the fabric to see the effect.



And now, for the last few days I am cutting, sewing, measuring again and again, to gradually attach the fabric to the PVC pipe skeleton.



Mariela is watching with wide eyes.




No comments:

Post a Comment