Friday, August 31, 2012

The Stage is Set. The Set is Staged.




To enter or not, that is the question.
I took the stage outside and propped it against the back shed on the patio table, along with a yellow chair, a yellow table, and a tiny flower pot.A black cardboard background. I think I am done here. Mariela will be able to sit for interviews in her new home.
But wait, something is wrong, though it looks nice and seems to photograph nicely.







Eventually this stage will be on the floor; I will be standing behind the background scene (or black cardboard, depending on the perceived location) and manipulate the marionette. The camcorder will be on a tripod in front of it all. Youtube, here we come.

A scene from the Czech Marionette Theatre in Prague flashes through my mind. I see the white hand pushing a character in a swing back and forth. Apparently the manipulator had forgotten her black glove. I realize what's wrong with my stage. It is too tall. My hand is visible when Mariela is sitting in the chair. Back to the drawing board. Tomorrow I will add another valance,

2 comments:

  1. yes!!!! youtube us. can we, the fans, email in possible plotlines?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was sick, last year, I regretted the fact that I had never done a youtube video. That's why I decided I MUST. Have no idea about the plotline yet.

    ReplyDelete